Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's coming.. "I'm Bored!"

Poster Board Decor

We officially start summer this week, but we've already had a few incidents with the dreaded "IIIIIIII'MMM BOOOOOOOREEED" whine. Come on.... you have a room full of toys, a big backyard, and two siblings to play with!  I know it won't be the last time I hear it over the 75 days of summer, but who's counting!

I don't normally like the look of poster board decor in my house, but I decided since we already have a manners poster up (trying to encourage non-barbarian eating habits) what was a few more? I added a big calendar so the kids can see what fun things their awesome mom has planned for them and then I added my Bored Checklist.



It goes a little something like this...
Before you tell me your bored I want you to think...
Have I
Been Creative?
Outside playtime?
Read a book?
Exercised for 10 minutes?
Done something helpful?
If you can answer yes to all of these, I will personally entertain you (or at least let you play Minecraft till the next outing!)




No reason to be bored, we are going to be busy!

Not covering Gloria Gaynor, but too cute not to share!

For some reason I have
"I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor
running through my mind!
Listen to it here: We Will Survive Summer!




10 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I didn't know the best way to reach you. I found this post on pinterest and LOVE your "I'm bored" chart. I have a little doodle blog and wanted to know if I could use your idea and draw my little doodles (reading a book, playing outside, etc). And would offer the printable for free. I would give credit to you with a link to your blog. Love your ideas and was totally cracking up and singing along with "I will survive." My blog is springtimetreats.blogspot.com e-mail springmcdonald@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Spring! That works for me! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. This is the cutest thing! Also found this through pinterest. I love a lot of your kid ideas on here. Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your "bored" checklist and would love to make a printable to share on my site. Here's my blog: http://shareandremember.blogspot.com/
    Would that be okay with you? I will definitely link to you & give you credit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I hope to be able to share this with my lill sister! =^_^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I shared it over at Polishing Rubies!
    http://polishingrubies.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-to-do-when-kids-are-bored.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way... I found several posts on Pinterest with your picture of the checklist that had no link back to your blog... I had to search the internet for several minutes to find the original source. I thought you just might like to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo adorable - and creative!! Love your style!! I make vinyl boards would it be ok if I made one using your 'BORED' idea - will leave a link to your page to give you credit - The Letter Block Shoppe - Australia

    ReplyDelete